Are you still struggling in your home business? I was thinking about why so many network marketers struggle. So this article covers the biggest mistake that most network marketers make.
I talk to a lot of home business owners who can’t seem to get ahead. I set out to find out why because my goal is to help as many people as possible to succeed!
I looked for a common theme in the conversations I had with many network marketers. We all make mistakes in our business, right?
But we must be able to recognize those mistakes so we can move forward.
Don’t Make this Network Marketing Mistake
We all want to live the dream don’t we? But is everyone truly willing to do what it takes to build a successful network marketing business?
Here is what most network marketers do:
- Attend company events
- Read personal development and training books
- Attend every webinar
- Participate in team and company conference calls
- Spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on premium training
Sound familiar? So what’s the problem?
The biggest mistake that network marketers make is this missing ingredient:
That’s right. After talking to many network marketers who do all the aforementioned activities, I asked the simple question: How many people did you talk to last week?
The answer is: well, none.
There you go. If you are a network marketer who is spending all your time learning, that simply will not grow your business. It’s imperative that you implement what you learn. Get into the habit of learn and do, learn and do, learn and do. That’s the only way you can get the skills you need to find new prospects and have a conversation.
Now, I know it can be scary. But if you let fear hold you back from creating an amazing business, you are just cheating yourself.
Here are three tips to stop making the biggest network marketer mistake:
- Overcome your Fears. If you are not comfortable sharing your business with people, well, there’s a problem right there! Work on building your confidence through personal development. Take the first step. Implement a method you learned to talk to people. It may not go well the first few times but you will get skilled at this, I promise you! Understand that we get more NO’s than YES’s in this business. That’s just the way it is. Stop making the biggest network marketer mistake and take your first step to real business activity!
- Create a daily routine. Being consistent in network marketing is one of the most important things you can do. Create a daily routine and check list, then just do it. Take something you learned at an event, conference call, book or webinar, and make a point of implementing it into your daily activity. You don’t have to keep making the biggest mistakes of most network marketers!
- Track your activity. If you are not talking to anyone about your business, you definitely don’t need to track it right? Get out there and stop making that network marketing mistake! Implement what you learn, start talking and sharing with people. Now track what you do every day. How many people did you talk to and share with? How many agreed to view your presentation? How many of those did you followup with? I guarantee if you start doing the income producing activity of talking and sharing with people, your business will grow.
But let’s face it, without people you don’t have a business. You can stay busy with all the learning activities but that will never grow your home business.
Recognize the biggest mistake that network marketers make and correct what you are doing. The good news is that you make the change at any time!
There’s a great book called, “Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There.” I highly recommend it. It’s quick, fun read that will ease your fears about NO! Grab it here.