Did you know that creating a brand identity is your most important asset for your online business?
Your online business starts with understanding what you want to be known for and defining brand identity around that.
This helps to create human connections which are at the heart of your business.
Building positive relationships through problem solving and great customer experiences are the foundation for any online business.
In this article, you’ll learn 3 ways to create a brand identity that helps people feel connected to you and in turn, helps you build a successful, revenue-generating business.
3 Tips to Create Your Brand Identity
Your own brand is comprised of the experiences your customers will have with you! How do you want to be perceived by your customers and what daily interactions can you commit to?
Building real connections with your audience will help you build community and loyalty to your brand.
Here are your 3 tips to create brand identity:
1 – Creating a Sense of Belonging
Abraham Lincoln said, “If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him you are his sincere friend.”
This is particularly true for your brand. It’s about creating a sense of belonging. So many people just feel alone and not part of anything bigger in life.
When you create a vision that others can believe in and be part of, you trigger the emotions that inspire people to take action.
These traits can help you create a sense of belonging and inspire others:
- Stay Consistent– creating a brand identity requires consistence above all. No one wants to be part of a wishy-washy community.
- Be Yourself– Be real and genuine with others. If you try to be someone you are not, people will see through that right away. Showing your true self is the foundation of building positive relationships.
- Be a Giver – It’s not all about you. Take care to be interested in and help others.
- Keep Moving Forward – No matter what, do not let obstacles get in your way. People come and go online but you must keep going if you are to succeed. Working tirelessly on your dream and help others to realize their dreams.
We can use all the Internet marketing tricks in the world, like SEO, capture pages and so on, but it really all comes down to building relationships and community.
2 – Understand the Value of Customers
Your customers are of great value to your business! Without them, you won’t have a business.
The benefits of a customer focused business are incredible for both you and your customers.
Focusing on customer acquisition, growth, and loyalty for your online business will help produce more revenue.
When I understood this concept and put it into action, I was able to grow my customers to over 11,000 strong!
Here’s the big lesson: When you nurture relationships on your journey towards creating a brand identity online, you’ll find out what people really want and steer your promotions in that direction.
Providing helpful value-driven information which solves a problem or is focused on topics that your audience wants to know more about is your first step.
3 – Building a Good Reputation
How’s your online reputation? More than ever, an online business requires that people trust you. People only trust you if you have a reputation worth trusting!
Makes sense, right?
It takes time to develop a brand identity online that is reputable so be patient. Although your reputation is usually created through happy customers, there are some ways you can start building a good reputation when you are brand new.
- Start a blog and write value driven content that solves problems for your target market.
- Create videos on YouTube so people can start to get to know, like and trust you.
- Join groups in social media and be the most helpful person in the group.
- Get to know people in various social media networks.
Creating a brand identity is your first step in building an online business.
Providing value and building strong relationships is essential to your success.
Think about this:
When people hear your name, what do you want them to envision in their minds?
The good news is that you get to decide what that is by the impression you make, your encounters with people, and the message you present online.
Reggie Maddox says
This is a great article with some excellent information. This ia an area i need to foxus on more.
Lisa J. says
Thanks for stopping by! Wishing you much success in your online journey!