Can you use blogging to make money? Or is it another one of those get rich schemes that will never work?
Starting an online business with blogging is one of the smartest things you can do! It’s a low-start-up cost but will involve your investment in time.
As a successful content marketer, I can tell you honestly that I use blogging to make money and have for years. In fact, that is how I earn my income. Life is much better this way!
You’ll need to put a few things in place before getting started with using blogging to make money. Here are your starting tools:
- Register a domain name
- Get a hosting account: I like GoDaddy for both registering and hosting because they have great customer service.
- Install WordPress
- Set up your blog with a nice WordPress theme
Anyone can start making money blogging. Let’s go deeper into next steps.
Effective Tips for Blogging to Make Money
Once you are all setup to start blogging, here are some tips that you’ll need to keep in mind.
- Choose a niche market. What are you going to write about? Your content is what will keep readers coming back so be sure to choose a topic or theme that is needed out in the marketplace.
- Be consistent. I talk about this a lot! But I can tell you blogs that make money are consistent with content. This means you have a schedule and publish content on a regular basis. It is not publishing a series of posts in one day, or a few this week and none next week. You can write a bunch all at one and schedule them to publish on a consistent schedule.
- Write great content. Have you heard that content is king? Providing value content is key to using blogging to make money. Write the type of articles that will help people In some way. You can provide tips or offer your expertise on a particular topic. This is how people get to know like a trust you.
- Choose some affiliate or network marketing products. You need to monetize your blog, right? To do that, you will need to join some affiliate programs. Then you can include these ads and links on your blog. Every time a reader clicks and makes a purchase, you will get a commission. That’s how you make money blogging! You can also join a network marketing company and sell their products. Let’s chat about that!
These are just a few tips to get you started in the right direction.
Once you start a blog and make money, you will be so happy you did! It’s an incredibly freeing feeling. If you are serious about getting started, let’s have a conversation!
Let’s Work together to get your blog headed in the right direction. Check out my blog mentoring services here.
You may also like: