Success in network marketing is highly dependent on building a strong team. Team building is an important skill to learn and that is the subject of today’s network marketing tips.
Many times, we invite people to join our team and think they will be a rising star. Maybe they even said so! But much of the time, people do nothing or quit. Sound familiar?
You can’t control what others do, but you can control what you do. When an MLM team member is not producing or quits, don’t spend a minute getting upset about it. Just go find more people and start working on building your team.
These team building network marketing tips will help steer you in the right direction.
Network Marketing Tips for Building a Team
Prospecting and recruiting new members is pretty simple. Maybe you have lots of people joining your team. But do they have staying power? Are they producing? Are they even interested?
Here are your network marketing tips for building a strong team.
- Don’t make assumptions. You may be the most motivated, go getter out there. When someone joins your team, you instantly assume that person is just like you. But they are not and disappointment sets in. It’s important that you “meet people where they are.” Maybe your new team member is more of a preferred customer or just wants to share with a few family and friends. Maybe their dream is not as big as yours. It’s OK. Find out what they are about. I like to send a welcome email in preparation for our introductory call. I give three possibilities for participating in the business and the person can then tell me what they want. After all, that’s what’s important.
- Set expectations. This is one of the most powerful network marketing tips. This is your business so setting expectations for those who join your team is important. I’m not referring to the person who just wants to be a preferred customer. If someone tells you they want to build a successful business, start holding them accountable for the things they said they would do. It’s a great way to sort through the people on your team. If they don’t do what they said, don’t waste too much time. Find people who will.
- Be an inspiration. Many times people try to motivate their teams. True motivation comes from within. Outside motivation tends to wear off in the next hour, day or week. But if you inspire people through your actions, Inspiration is about deep desires, passion and doing things outside of one’s comfort zone. Be an inspiration to others.
- Value your time. When you spend one-on-one time with your team members, they need to deserve it. Remember, you are not a babysitter. If you spend endless hours with team members that always complain or ask for advice, but never do exactly what you advise, it’s time to just say no. Your time is valueable, Spend it with those who deserve it.
- Emphasize the importance of events. This includes live events, phone conferences, webinars and other trainings. Too many people come into the network marketing business thinking they don’t have to do these things. But this is how we learn and keep moving forward. This is how we stay inspired and build a united belief in our company and products.
In MLM, team work makes the dream work!
What are your network marketing tips for team building? Do share!
You may also like: