Lately I have found lots of blogs that are mere ghost-towns, with no fresh content in over a year or two. These are joining the thousands who decided to quit blogging.
Some have been wiped off the Internet forever, with a page holder in their place never to be heard from again.
The funny thing is that some of these abandoned blogs are appearing on the first page of Google!
I also wanted to reconnect with many people who commented in the last year on another blog that own. Well, many of those people disappeared from the blogosphere altogether!
Obviously many people start out building a blog with enthusiasm and passion and something gets lost along the way. Does that sound like you? In this article I want to share why you need to think twice before you quit blogging!
Should You Quit Blogging?
Hey I get it! I’ve been blogging for a few years now and it’s been a very lucrative decision. But it almost was not! I’ll get into that in a bit.
Did you know that there are 164 million blogs and growing? Most of these are not success stories. In fact, most bloggers that quit blogging do so in their first 3 months. Sound familiar?
There are a number of reasons why you might feel defeated with blog content marketing.
- Not enough traffic
- Too much work for little return
- No one is commenting
- Can’t get on the first page of Google
- Making no money
- No good blog content ideas
Hey I get it! I completely understand why you would want to quit blogging. But if you are in the 3 month zone, do not quit blogging. It’s way too soon.
Let me share a personal story with you. When I started writing a blog, I really wanted to make money blogging. It was my dream to do so and teach others how to do it too. Then we can all set ourselves free from the JOBs that hold us back from the life of our dreams.
I started building a blog and wrote in it consistently a few times a week. The first month was a big fat zero!
People thought I was crazy to continue this madness.
The second month was a bust with about 70 visitors who did not convert in any way.
The third month got interesting. The blog traffic started increasing. I learned a few more things about blog content marketing and providing value to my niche. I started making a small amount of money.
The fourth month the blog traffic started exploding and that was the start of my new life as a real online marketer!
Now I ask you, what would have happened if I gave up in the second or third month? I would not be where I am today, doing blog content marketing full time!
Still thinking that you might quit blogging? Here are 3 tips for you to check before you do.
- Niche. There are two things about your niche market to examine. First, are you truly passionate about what you are blogging about? Second, is your niche market so narrow that even the best blogger would have a tough time getting results? You can always switch your niche to something more appropriate. Remember, blogging is all about providing value to others. So if you don’t see how to do that in your present niche, find a new one. And if the passion is not there, it just becomes drudgery. You can get that at your day job.
- Consistency. This is a big reason why people quit blogging. You started building a blog with lots of enthusiasm. You wrote a few blog posts and then tried to hit the easy button. Maybe a blog post this week and another one next week. Well it does not work that way. The search engine won’t like your blog and neither will anyone else . Content must be fresh and consistent. So if you cannot stick with a blog writing schedule, maybe you should quit blogging.
- Patience. This is a big reason why you might want to quit blogging. You didn’t get 10,000 visitors in your second month of blogging. Who does? It takes work. It takes consistency and patience. Heck, it may take you a few months to get some real quality traffic to your blog. Again, where would I be if I had quit in my third month with my first blog? Nowhere!
Think about this. If others are successful blog content marketers, that means it is possible. Then you can be a successful blogger too!
Before you quit blogging, CLICK HERE TO check out my Blog Mentoring Service That Will Help you Take it to the Next Level.
You may also like: