With millions of people taking to their smartphones and watching more video than ever before, it’s time you get onboard the video marketing train.
In this article I have 5 video marketing tips for you to going in the right direction. Before I get into that, take a look at what Forbes had to say about video marketing online.
According to Forbes Content Marketing Predictions 2015, in an article titled, Ignoring Video is No Longer an Option:
“With mobile use increasing at such substantial rates, there are now more than 100 million consumers watching online video each day. This is precisely why brands need to have alternatives to written content. Video is an alternative that lends itself well to the mobile age, and that is why in 2015, we are going to see more video than we have seen before.”
Business Video Marketing Tips and Strategies
Here are your 5 tips.
- Short and to the point – People want information fast! No one wants to watch overly long videos that go on and on. Tighten up your message while providing value to your audience and keep it to about 5 minutes. Keep in mind that most people are viewing your video on their smartphone. Also if you are uploading video files to YouTube, there are limitations to the size of the files.
- Embed the video on your website – You have a website, right? If not, you should but that’s another blog post! Video marketing is all about exposure. You want to get your message in front of as many people as possible. Write a blog article around the same message and embed the video on your website. This gives you even more exposure and views. With social sharing buttons, your visitors can share the content from your blog.
- SEO video marketing – I have a few SEO video marketing tips here that are easy to do. Just make a check and include these each time you upload a video.
– Name your video file the same as your keyword phrase using dashes in-between words. (seo-video-marketing.mp4)
– Choose an attention grabbing title that includes your keyword phrase.
– Write a strong description that includes your keywords naturally. Put your link as the first sentence so it’s easily seen.
– Refer users back to your website by including a link to your site in the description.
– Add a few keyword tags.
- Keep your video relevant – What’s your niche? Keep your videos relevant and on-topic with your niche. This is an important video marketing tip because people usually search within a particular niche for information. If your YouTube channel is a potpourri of information, it’s harder for visitors to find what they want. Keeping your videos relevant helps visitors to watch more than one video on your channel.
- Promoting your videos – If you create it, they will come. This is not always the case. Sure, you can do the best SEO and your video may be found on search, but you still need to promote it. Google search has changed a lot and social signals weigh heavily on search results. There are many ways to promote your video:
– Send an email to your list that includes the link
– Promote in social media (Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter and other social networks)
– Include the video on your blog
– Use PPC
– And much more!
With “video marketing” being more important than ever this year, get in there and start creating! If you are not sure about how to get started, I highly recommend that you invest in some training to help. CLICK HERE to learn more about video marketing training that I use myself.
Tell me more about your plans for video marketing this year. Leave a comment.
You may also like: