Welcome to the new world of the stay at home mom business! With modern day technology, moms can now stay home and earn an income through blogging, direct-selling or other home based businesses. I love it!
According to the Center for Women’s Business Research, there are 10.1 million women-owned business in the U.S.
With family flexibility being a priority, it’s no surprise that so many stay at home mom businesses are starting each and every day.
So many moms work from home and are successful! That means it’s doable and YOU can do it too!
At first your decision to start a stay at home mom business may seem a little overwhelming or even a bit crazy! If you set reasonable goals and make a commitment, You can make it happen by learning to balance family life with work by staying organized.
Proven Tips for Your Stay at Home Mom Business
Here are some tips for all of the work at home moms. Or, if you are considering starting a home business, these tips will start you in the right direction.
- Let your family know that you are joining the millions of moms working from home! Let them know why, especially if it for a better quality life your family. You are doing it for the family!
- Whenever possible, get your children involved in your stay at home mom business. Maybe it’s helping stuff envelopes or sorting fliers. It will be fun and teach them about entrepreneurship.
- Grab small pockets of time when you can. I used to think I had to block out 2 hours of time to get anything done. But that simply was a myth. If you have a 15-minute window of time, make a couple of phone calls or connect with people on social media. You’ll be surprised how these little pockets of time add up to big successes over time!
- Nap time is productive time! While your little one is napping, use this chunk of time to work on your home business.
- Work on your business at night when the children are sleeping. Ther are many tasks you can get done in the evening when the house is quiet. You can schedule social media posts, write blog posts, create videos for marketing, answer all your emails/social media messages and set up appointments, or get some training in!
- Create a reward system for your children. Are your kids playing nicely while you do some work or talk on the phone! They deserve a reward for that. Let them know how proud you are and then spend some quality time with them.
- Online marketing friendly company. As a stay at home mom, doing business on the Internet will be more efficient for you. I have build my business online using blogging, social networking and video marketing. Yes, it works! Find a company that encourages you to share in social media, videos and other online marketing. Contact me for information.
When starting your stay at home mom business, remember that it will take time to develop the type of income you desire. But it will be so worth it!
Imagine in a year or two, how your life will change with the additional income in your household!